BRCGS Agents and Brokers
BRCGS Agents and Brokers is for non-manufacturing traders who buy, sell or facilitate trade of products, it provides a link in the movement and trade of products ensuring an effective chain of traceability.
- Brokers: Purchase, take title and sell to manufacturers, brokers, retailers and food services but NOT directly to consumers
- Agents: Trade between manufacturers /brokers to customers but do not own or take title
- Importers/Exporters: Import or export products across national boundaries.
The Standard covers the following categories
- Food Products – Fruit and Vegetables, Processed Foods, Raw Materials and Domestic Pet Foods
- Packaging Materials
- Consumer Products
Exclusions to the standard are
- Livestock – including animal feed for livestock
- Bulk Fuels
Divided into the following 5 sections, the standard is designed for the companies Product Safety Management Systems and Procedures to be audited against.
- Senior Management Commitment and Continual Improvement
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Product Safety and Quality Management System
- Supplier and Subcontracted Service Management
By conducting a Gap Analysis of your current systems against the standard, our team of experienced and qualified consultants can identify potential gaps and create a project plan to achieve and maintain accreditation. This can by done by either on site or as part of our remote support service