NEW BRC accreditation standard for the food industry
Not to quote Bob Dylan, but times are a changin…..with the world continuously evolving standards need to be kept up to date and relevant. New methods are continuously brought in, new issues arise, therefore BRC have put a group of experts together to update the BRC accreditation requirements for the food industry.
So what big changes does version 8 bring? Well according to BRC themselves their main focus on changes are:
- Encouraging development of product safety culture
- Expanding the requirements for environmental monitoring to reflect the increasing importance of this technique
- Encouraging sites to further develop systems for security and food defence
- Adding clarity to the requirements for high-risk, high-care and ambient high-care production risk zones
- Providing greater clarity for sites manufacturing pet food
- Ensuring global applicability and bench-marking to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
The standard has been released this month, but the new version 8 BRC accreditation standard won’t be audited against until 1st February 2019. You may breath a sigh of relief as February 2019 is an age away, but if you really want to be on top of the new issue, implement any changes to your food safety system correctly, have time to run internal audits against the new system….I’d be cracking on especially with the Xmas rush approaching over the horizon!
If you require any assistance with implementing the changes don’t hesitate to get in touch to discuss your requirements. Or if you simply wish for someone to come in and run an internal audit against your new system get in touch- click here
To review the new standard visit BRC global standards- click here
Don’t leave it to last minute and risk dropping down in grades…plan ahead.