SALSA Certification is a food-safety standard written by experienced food safety experts to reflect both the legal requirements of producers and the enhanced expectations of ‘best practice’ of professional food buyers. It is aimed at micro and small food and drink manufacturers and offers a more appropriate standard than BRC Global Food Standard. Certification is only granted to suppliers who can demonstrate to an auditor that they are able to produce safe and legal food and are committed to continually meeting the requirements of the standard.
How we can help your business
We are SALSA approved Mentors and Auditors. We can help you through every stage of achieving the standard, from development through to implementation, helping you pass your first audit and then helping your business maintain the standard for years to come.
Offering you bespoke consultation and support, based on your budget, we can help you prepare for, pass and maintain your own systems.
We do this by…
- Carrying out a Gap Analysis of current systems versus required standard
- Design and development of an agreed project plan
- Expert interpretation of quality standards
- Project management ensures meeting deadlines
- Full staff training from shop floor to boardroom
- Assistance in developing paperwork and manuals
- Organisation of a full audit of company and supply chain
- Remedial actions to meet any non-compliance
- Long term support through quality reviews and audits
- Assistance on the SALSA audit day
Funding maybe available…
Depending on your geographic location, help with our consulting fees may be available. We can check your eligibility and get our personal Growth Manager from the Manufacturing Growth Programme to go through the funding process with you.