Are you aware of how much food safety affects your overall business performance?
Do you know the real cost of food safety
By not having good food safety system in place costs to your business could include:
- Expensive product recall – Bakkavor recently lost £93,000 worth of garlic bread due to being underweight.
- Failing un-announced audit from one of your customers. The Co-op will follow its competitors by starting these this year.
- Lower growth prospects, eg. Orcado prefer to deal with SALSA accredited companies.
Its a new year a fresh start to get your business back on track, by:
- Review your food safety risks – Haccps
- Staff training – E-Learning or Training
- New accreditation- BRC & SALSA
- Risk assessments- Health & Safety
Can your business afford to not know the real cost of food safety?